SplendidCRM Plug-in for Outlook 2003/2007 Deployment Guide
Thank you for using the SplendidCRM Plug-in for Outlook. This plug-in is intended to
help manage and maintain the exchange of information between the SplendidCRM
and Microsoft Outlook 2003/2007.
This section provides step-by-step
instructions for deploying SplendidCRM by using Setup.exe. To ease the process,
Setup explains tasks, provides tips about permissions and prerequisites,
includes warnings, and uses task wizards to lead you through each step.
Table 1 lists the procedures involved in the deployment of the SplendidCRM Plug-in.
Install .NET Framework 3.5.
Installs .NET 3.5 if not already installed.
Note: .NET is not included in the Setup application, but will be download as needed.
Therefore, the computer must have Internet access.
Install the SQL Server Compact Edition.
Yes. Setup automatically creates the SQL Server Compact database.
Installs the SQL Server Compact Edition database in the user data folder.
Install Outlook Primary Interop Assemblies
Installs the files to interface with Outlook. It is critical that the Outlook 2003 Primary Interop Assemblies are
installed with Outlook 2003 and the Outlook 2007 Primary Interop Assemblies
are installed with Outlook 2007.
Visual Studio Tools for Office
Installs Visual Studio Tools for the Office System 3.0.
Installing the SplendidCRM Plug-in for Outlook is quick and easy.
It may be installed on Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7 or Windows 8, for use with Microsoft Outlook 2003 or 2007.
To install the plug-in, first make sure that you have uninstalled any previous versions of the plug-in using Control Panel, Add/Remove Programs.
Note that other Outlook plug-ins may also interfere with the operation of the SplendidCRM Plug-in for Outlook,
so if you have difficulties with your installation, remove any other plug-ins you may have installed.
Next, make sure that the version of SplendidCRM installed on your server matches the version of the plug-in,
and make sure you know the URL (web address) of the SplendidCRM installation,
as you will need it for the plug-in installation process.
1. Log on to the computer where you want to deploy your SplendidCRM by using local administrator or equivalent permissions.
2. The SplendidCRM Plug-in is distributed online.
When you launch the installer, you should see the following installation wizard.
3. On the License Agreement page, read the license agreement, and if you agree, click the I accept the terms in the license agreement option, and click Next.
4. The Ready To Install page is just prior to the install of pre-requisites.
5. If any of the pre-requisites are not installed, you will be prompted to confirm its installation.
You must accept for the plug-in to work. At the end of the install of the pre-requisites, you will likely be prompted to reboot.
Setup will continue after the reboot.
6. After the reboot, you will be prompted for the folder to install the plug-in. We recommend that you accept the default folder.
7. You will see a Confirm Installation page and a Progress page.
8. At this stage, the installation is complete. The next time you run Outlook, you will have one last confirmation from Outlook itself.
You now have SplendidCRM Plug-in for Outlook 2003/2007 successfully installed on the computer.
Copyright (c) 2006-2016 SplendidCRM Software, Inc. All Rights Reserved.