SplendidCRM Plug-in for Outlook 2010/2013 Deployment Guide
Thank you for using the SplendidCRM Plug-in for Outlook. This plug-in is intended to
help manage and maintain the exchange of information between the SplendidCRM
and Microsoft Outlook 2010/2013.
This section provides step-by-step
instructions for deploying SplendidCRM by using Setup.exe. To ease the process,
Setup explains tasks, provides tips about permissions and prerequisites,
includes warnings, and uses task wizards to lead you through each step.
One important note is that it is important to match the bitness of Outlook with the bitness of the plug-in.
If you are running Outlook 2010/2013 32-bit, then you must use the 32-bit plug-in.
If you are running Outlook 2010/2013 64-bit, then you must use the 64-bit plug-in.
Table 1 lists the procedures involved in the deployment of the SplendidCRM Plug-in.
Install .NET Framework 4.0 Client.
Installs .NET 4.0 Client if not already installed.
Note: .NET is not included in the Setup application, but will be download as needed.
Therefore, the computer must have Internet access.
Install the SQL Server Compact Edition.
Yes. Setup automatically creates the SQL Server Compact database.
Installs the SQL Server Compact Edition database in the user data folder.
Install Outlook Primary Interop Assemblies
Installs the files to interface with Outlook. It is critical that the Outlook 2010 Primary Interop Assemblies are
installed with Outlook 2010 and the Outlook 2013 Primary Interop Assemblies
are installed with Outlook 2013.
Visual Studio Tools for Office
Installs Visual Studio Tools for the Office System 4.0.
Installing the SplendidCRM Plug-in for Outlook is quick and easy.
It may be installed on Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7 or Windows 8, for use with Microsoft Outlook 2010 or 2013.
To install the plug-in, first make sure that you have uninstalled any previous versions of the plug-in using Control Panel, Add/Remove Programs.
Note that other Outlook plug-ins may also interfere with the operation of the SplendidCRM Plug-in for Outlook,
so if you have difficulties with your installation, remove any other plug-ins you may have installed.
Next, make sure that the version of SplendidCRM installed on your server matches the version of the plug-in,
and make sure you know the URL (web address) of the SplendidCRM installation,
as you will need it for the plug-in installation process.
1. Log on to the computer where you want to deploy your SplendidCRM by using local administrator or equivalent permissions.
2. If the .NET Framework 4.0 is not installed, the first page you will get is the pre-requisite install of the .NET 4.0 Client.
3. The SplendidCRM Plug-in is distributed online.
When you launch the installer, you should see the following installation wizard.
4. On the License Agreement page, read the license agreement, and if you agree, click the I accept the terms in the license agreement option, and click Next.
5. The Ready To Install page is just prior to the install of pre-requisites.
6. If any of the pre-requisites are not installed, you will be prompted to confirm its installation.
You must accept for the plug-in to work. At the end of the install of the pre-requisites, you might be prompted to reboot.
7. After the reboot, you will be prompted for the folder to install the plug-in. We recommend that you accept the default folder.
8. You will see a Confirm Installation page and a Progress page.
8. At this stage, the installation is complete.
You now have SplendidCRM Plug-in for Outlook 2010/2013 successfully installed on the computer.
Copyright (c) 2006-2016 SplendidCRM Software, Inc. All Rights Reserved.