SplendidCRM Plug-in for Word 2010/2013 Deployment Guide
Thank you for using the SplendidCRM Plug-in for Word. This plug-in is intended to
help manage mail-merge documents between the SplendidCRM and Microsoft Word 2010/2013.
This section provides step-by-step
instructions for deploying SplendidCRM by using Setup.exe. To ease the process,
Setup explains tasks, provides tips about permissions and prerequisites,
includes warnings, and uses task wizards to lead you through each step.
One important note is that it is important to match the bitness of Word with the bitness of the plug-in.
If you are running Word 2010/2013 32-bit, then you must use the 32-bit plug-in.
If you are running Word 2010/2013 64-bit, then you must use the 64-bit plug-in.
Table 1 lists the procedures involved in the deployment of the SplendidCRM Plug-in.
Install .NET Framework 4.0 Client.
Installs .NET 4.0 Client if not already installed.
Note: .NET is not included in the Setup application, but will be download as needed.
Therefore, the computer must have Internet access.
Install Office Primary Interop Assemblies
Installs the files to interface with Word. It is critical that the Word 2010 Office Interop Assemblies are
installed with Word 2010 and the Word 2013 Office Interop Assemblies
are installed with Word 2013.
Visual Studio Tools for Office
Installs Visual Studio Tools for the Office System 4.0.
Installing the SplendidCRM Plug-in for Word is quick and easy.
It may be installed on Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7 or Windows 8, for use with Microsoft Word 2010 or 2013.
To install the plug-in, first make sure that you have uninstalled any previous versions of the plug-in using Control Panel, Add/Remove Programs.
Note that other Word plug-ins may also interfere with the operation of the SplendidCRM Plug-in for Word,
so if you have difficulties with your installation, remove any other plug-ins you may have installed.
Next, make sure that the version of SplendidCRM installed on your server matches the version of the plug-in,
and make sure you know the URL (web address) of the SplendidCRM installation,
as you will need it for the plug-in installation process.
1. Log on to the computer where you want to deploy your SplendidCRM by using local administrator or equivalent permissions.
2. If the .NET Framework 4.0 is not installed, the first page you will get is the pre-requisite install of the .NET 4.0 Client.
3. The SplendidCRM Plug-in is distributed online.
When you launch the installer, you should see the following installation wizard.
4. On the License Agreement page, read the license agreement, and if you agree, click the I accept the terms in the license agreement option, and click Next.
5. The Ready To Install page is just prior to the install of pre-requisites.
6. If any of the pre-requisites are not installed, you will be prompted to confirm its installation.
You must accept for the plug-in to work. At the end of the install of the pre-requisites, you might be prompted to reboot.
7. After the reboot, you will be prompted for the folder to install the plug-in. We recommend that you accept the default folder.
8. You will see a Confirm Installation page and a Progress page.
9. At this stage, the installation is complete.
You now have SplendidCRM Plug-in for Word 2010/2013 successfully installed on the computer.
When you run Word, you may be prompted with a macros security error. This can occur if Office was not installed with Visual Basic for Applications.
Copyright (c) 2006-2016 SplendidCRM Software, Inc. All Rights Reserved.