Forums

ForumForumMainstream Foru...Mainstream Foru...General Discuss...General Discuss...Extending tables + update layoutsExtending tables + update layouts
Previous Previous

Next
 Disabled
New Post
 4/17/2018 7:14 AM

Hi,

I have updated the base CONTACTS table with additional columns and updated the views vwCONTACTS and vwCONTACTS_Edit so that they return the additional columns.

I can see the additional columns in the Toolbox list when I am editing the "Contacts | Detail Views | DetailView" however the "Contacts | Edit Views | EditView" does not display the columns.

What am I missing?

Thanks in advance

P

New Post
 4/18/2018 3:22 AM

First, it is a bad idea to add custom fields to the base table as it will make upgrades more difficult to apply.  Instead, you add the custom fields to the CONTACTS_CSTM table using the procedure spFIELDS_META_DATA_Insert.  I'm not sure why you are having a problem, but I would recommend that you take this opportunity to undo your changes and follow our best practices for adding custom fields.

New Post
 4/18/2018 6:48 AM

Thanks for the quick response.

I have come to the same conclusion and have reversed the table/view modifications and implemented the additional columns as custom fields.

It would still be interesting to know why the changes made to the views were not being bubbled into the field list in Studio.

Onwards...

Previous Previous

Next
 Disabled
ForumForumMainstream Foru...Mainstream Foru...General Discuss...General Discuss...Extending tables + update layoutsExtending tables + update layouts