Forums

ForumForumMainstream Foru...Mainstream Foru...General Discuss...General Discuss...Admin - Contacts - Listview - sortAdmin - Contacts - Listview - sort
Previous Previous

Next
 Disabled
New Post
 10/26/2018 9:08 AM

I'm evalutating the community edition. Changed the Contacts Listview first column  (NAME) into 2 separate columns (LAST_NAME and FIRST_NAME).  Purpose is to sort on LAST_NAME.  The list view keeps sorting on the FIRST_NAME... no matter what I do.  How can I get the list being sorted on the LAST_NAME (first column)?Many thanks for your help.
Marc

New Post
 10/27/2018 2:29 AM

In the layout manager, you specify the display column and the sort column separately.  I suspect that you did not set the sort field for the last name to also be the last name.

One way to verify this problem is to show the SQL code.  You do this on the admin page.  Then, when you sort the field, you can review the SQL statement used to generate the list to confirm what field was used in the sort.

Previous Previous

Next
 Disabled
ForumForumMainstream Foru...Mainstream Foru...General Discuss...General Discuss...Admin - Contacts - Listview - sortAdmin - Contacts - Listview - sort